JOIN US TODAY
VOLKSLiFTEA combines the following advantages to ensure we offer the best services in the elevator business.
- Our long history of outstanding engineering skills in Germany.
- The rapid growth and attractive surrounding of elevator industry in East Africa.
Project Manager/Clerk of Works
Nairobi, Kenya Full time
- Oversee project implementation by ensuring the quality of the product and workmanship is to the required standards.
- Provide reports on all on-site matters, including third-party inspections, progress, safety concerns, and causes for delay.
- Review contract documents, technical drawings and specifications to maintain familiarity with assigned projects and ensure the technicians abide by those drawings and contracts.
- Leadership on site: Dealing skilfully and diplomatically by managing the requirements of a diverse range of people including clients, engineering professionals, sub-contractors, site personnel, etc.
- Conducting regular inspections to construction projects at critical phases.
- Ensuring workmanship quality and speed remain paramount to the success of all our projects
- Provide technical input regarding design, construction, or modifications as required.
- Must be able to check on the quality and quantity of materials delivered on site and in the warehouse.
- Degree or Diploma in Civil/Structural Engineering/Building and Construction from a recognized institution is preferred, but those who possess requisite experience in this role will be considered regardless of academic qualification.
- At least 1-year experience in building and construction industry, on a similar role.
- Proficiency in the use of design software and Microsoft office and knowledge of applicable state and federal building codes.
- Possess an understanding of engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings as well as building methods and elements of the projects.
- High level of motivation, integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Ability to multitask different projects simultaneously.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the workplace.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Decisive individual with ability to think analytically and creatively and rapidly address challenges on site.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15th January 2020