A lift is a system permanently installed that serves for vertical transport of persons or goods . Lift installation team usually has 3 or 4 members: installation mechanic,electrician,the person in charge of installation who consults with; cranemen, scaffolders, carpenters and masons.
The team requires to get familiar with:
- Construction layout drawing of the building
- Structural diagram of the elevator hoistway
- Layout drawing of the elevator hoistway
- Drawings of related embedded parts and preformed holes
- Layout plan of the machine room.
Lift Installation processes
Scaffolding is a required item of preparation for lift installation. The quality of scaffolding has a major influence on the safety of the installation personnel and the progress of lift installation.
- Fabricating template holders
Materials used for fabricating template holders include wood and profiled steel.Profiled steel is usually used for high-rise elevators. Wood is the most frequently used material for the time being.
- Erecting template holders
Template holders are usually fixed in the hoist way 500mm below the floor of the machine room. If there is no machine room or there is only a small machine room, the template holders are fixed in the hoistway 250mm below the top plate of the hoistway.
- Installation of rail supports
Check the ring beams or embedded steel plates of the hoistway
Check the positions and exterior dimensions of the ring beams of the hoistway and embedded steel plates of the brackets according to the Vertical Elevator Hoistway Drawing.
- Installation of landing doors
- Installation of hoisting machine
- Installation of buffers
A hydraulic buffer is usually used. The buffers are usually selected according to the rated speed.
- Installation of car frame and safety gears
The car is usually assembled on the top terminal landing because the top terminal landing is closest to the machine room and thus convenient for lifting the parts and checking dimensions of the machine room.
- Installation of hoisting ropes
When the car is in the leveling position of the highest floor (the raised height of the car shall be taken into consideration), the counterweight is at the bottom floor, and the distance from its counterweight ram to the buffer in the pit is S, use a 2.5mm2 electric wire to measure the working length needed for the steel wire rope and allow for 500mm margin at each end.
- Installation of car
- Installation of door operator
- Installation of speed governor
- Installation of infrared multi-beam screen
This device will be assembled if the user chooses this option.
- Installation of control cabinet
- Installation of cable system
The cable system mainly comprises: flat-shaped hoistway trailing cables,
round-shaped prefabricated hoistway cables, and other branch cables
- Installation of signal system
The signal system mainly involves:
1. Installation of terminal landing switches, travel limit switches, and final limit cams
2. Installation of magnetic screens and magnetic switches
- Installation and connection of rotary encoder:
The rotary encoder is an important device for detecting speed feedback in the elevator
control system. The quality of its installation has a direct influence on the system performance.
- Wiring and earthing
Volkslift East Africa’s engineers, technicians, and project managers possess a high level of education, resources and technical support for lift installation.We offer a variety of modern elevators, escalators and moving walkways to compliment new buildings. Moreover, our renovation and modernization program helps existing or old buildings to upgrade their upward mobility for better efficiency.
Our commitment to high quality, tested equipment allows you to work with us to achieve a seamless elevator construction and architectural design.